Jennifer Bicknell Consulting Pty Ltd (t/as Bicknell Law & Consulting) ABN: 52 602 870 039; ACN: 602 870 039 (“we/us”) deals with your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“the Act”) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) set out in the Act. We also comply with the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) which imposes various restrictions on sending emails.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect and hold the following personal information:
- Your name, contact details, address, phone number and email;
- Your personal details such as billing information, job information;
- Your browsing history on our website; and
- Records of your communications with us.
We may also collect sensitive information from you with your consent such as where we ask for information about your health.
WHY DO WE COLLECT AND HOLD YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect and hold your personal information to:
- Communicate with you regarding your enquiry, or use of our website and products and services;
- Conduct, monitor and analyse our business and operations;
- Perform services for you where relevant;
- Comply with our obligations under the law in terms of record keeping;
- Provide information relevant to you (however, you can opt out at any time);
- Analyse your interaction with our products and services to produce statistical information that we can use to optimise the information, products and services and any advertising we provide to you;
- Provide information to third parties as authorised or required by law.
WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE IT?
We do not sell your personal information, and we do not use your personal information or disclose it to another organisation unless:
- It is reasonably necessary for one or more of the purposes described above;
- Because of the nature of the information or collection, we believe you would expect us to use the information or disclose it;
- It is required or authorised by law, or we suspect something unlawful and it is necessary for us to take action;
- It is necessary to protect the rights, property, health or personal safety of a customer, client, us or the public and it is impracticable to obtain your consent;
- You have provided your consent or it is for a purpose expressly permitted under the Act;
- It is necessary to obtain third party services, such as analytics, data storage or payment service providers or marketing and advertising services.
HOW DO WE COLLECT THE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- Where the request is frivolous or vexatious;
- Where providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of another person;
- Where we believe that withholding the personal information is necessary to protect the rights, property, health or personal safety of a customer, client, us or the public; or
- Where the information relates to negotiations or anticipated legal proceedings between you and us.
Except where we are permitted or required by law to withhold your personal information, you have the right to access it. Please email us at [email protected] to access, correct or delete your personal information.